Welcome the web page of the Low-Dimensional Advanced Materials group (LAM) at the Materials Science Institute of Madrid (ICMM).
– Our research activities are mainly focused on the fabrication and characterization of low dimensional systems in the nanometer scale.
– Our philosophy is to perform fundamental research to understand the influence of the decrease in the dimensionality on the properties of the materials
– Our final goal is to apply this knowledge to new and advanced functional materials
Our tools are:
– Ion Cluster Source
– Multiple Ion Cluster Source
– Electron and photoelectron spectroscopies (XPS, AES, UPS or ESD)
– Atomic force Microscope (AFM)
– UHV Tribometer