UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS (2014)
224th Meeting Laboratory Astrophysics Division Sessions (Boston, MA – USA, June 1-5, 2014)
International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy (69th Meeting)” (June 16-20, 2014 – Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, USA).
Characterizing Planetary Systems Across the HR Diagram (University of Cambridge, Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge 28 July – 1 August 2014).
The 40th COSPAR Scientific Assembly (2–10 August, 2014, Moscow, Russia).
248th ACS National Meeting & Exposition (August 10-14, 2014, San Francisco, CA, USA).
BOLOGNA2014: The 23rd International Conference on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy (Bologna, Italy, September 2-6, 2014 ).
XI Reunión Científica de la Sociedad Española de Astronomía (Teruel, Spain, September 8-12, 2014 ).
PAST CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS
Star and planet formation workshop (ESAC, Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain, 21 January 2013)
First Workshop on “Experimental Laboratory Astrophysics” (Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii, February 25-27, 2013).
From Stars to Life – Connecting our understanding of star formation, planet formation, astrochemistry and astrobiology (Florida, 3-6 April 2013).
Transformational Science with ALMA: From Dust to Rocks to Planets Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems (8–12 April, 2013, Hilton Waikoloa Village, The Big Island of Hawaii).
SPICA Science Conference 2013 – From exoplanets to distant galaxies: SPICA´s new window on the cool Universe (18–21 June, 2013, Tokyo, Japan).
European Week of Astronomy and Space Science — EWASS 2013 (8-13 July, 2013, Turku, Finland). The special session “Galactic molecular clouds and their chemistry” will be arranged on July 10-11 to concentrate on the chemistry in dense interstellar medium, especially in connection with the star formation process.
32nd International Symposium on Free Radicals (21-26 July 2013, Postdam, Germany)
The Universe explored by Herschel (15–18 October, 2013, ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands).
Asymmetrical Planetary Nebulae VI Conference (4–8 November, 2013, Riviera Maya, Mexico).
ASTROMOL CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS
- II National Conference on Laboratory and Molecular Astrophysics
- Date: 14-16 November, 2012
- Place of event: Universidad Pablo de Olavide (Sevilla, España)
- Brief summary: This conference encompassed Astronomy, Physics, and Chemistry to deal with the income of new instrumental developments in the Chemical-Physics Laboratories that will grant access to a series of experiments whose results will be most relevant for the interpretation and analysis of the data obtained with Herschel and ALMA. 100 participants attended the conference with the special participation of 9 national and international invited speakers.
- Local Organising Committee: Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Centro de Astrobiología (CSIC-INTA), Observatorio Astronómico Nacional (IGN).
- The Molecular Universe (International Astronomical Union IAU Symposium number 280)
- Date: 30 May – 3 June, 2011
- Place: Campus de la Fábrica de Armas de Toledo (Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Toledo, España)
- Brief summary: This symposium covered the entire field of astrochemistry in order to make investigators aware of the many new advances of the last 6 years, and to acquaint them with the explosive growth in the subject to be coming in the next few years in the ALMA, JWST and ELT eras. A summary of the symposium attendance is the following:
-Number of participants: 435 researchers from 31 countries worldwide (number of pre-registered participants: 525)
-Number of review and invited contributions: 42 contributions
-Number of oral contributions: 32 contributions
-Number of poster contributions: 327 contributions (three special-dedicated poster sessions)
- Organisation: IAU, Centro de Astrobiología (CSIC-INTA), Observatorio Astronómico Nacional (IGN) and Universidad de Castilla La Mancha (UCLM).